[linux-audio-user] is ext3 ok for real-time / low-latency?

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 17 15:03:00 EST 2003

> > I am using reiserfs. I think it's better for trying to get to the lowest
> > latencies. That said, if you wanted to run at 5-10mS, probably either
> > would be OK.
>
> How is the state of reiserfs, when it comes to repair broken
> filesystems? This was a serious issue some months ago and really kept
> me from installing reiser, and made me use ext3. Are the
> reiserfsck-tools stable now?
>
> And what's this with the ext3-LL-conflict? Will I run into problems
> when using a more current kernel than 2.4.18?

The problem appeared first on 2.4.20-pre5 (pre4 was the last I tested
that was working fine). A fix was found be Andrew Morton after 2.4.20
final came out and is inlcluded in the recent 2.4.21-pre series (I don't
remember which prex was the first to include it). 2.4.19 was fine.

-- Fernando