[linux-audio-user] is ext3 ok for real-time / low-latency?

Jan "Evil Twin" Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Feb 16 10:18:01 EST 2003

Frank,

	I think that sounds fine.  I agree with you on not trying to use
reiserfs on your / and boot partitions if for no other reason than that
it's a pain to set up.  Since your data and / system are actually on the
same disk make sure you kill syslogd before you do any recording or it
will be writing to /var/log at very inopportune moments.  Just killing
syslogd got rid of a good number of xruns for me.  Sym linking /tmp
sounds like a good idea too.

Jan