[linux-audio-user] Mailing list for general music making questions?

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 04:42:00 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 07:00:33PM +0700, Darren Landrum wrote:
> Hey, all. I thought of something today that I think would be of good use
> to many folks.
> I was wondering, is there a mailing list somewhere for people to talk to
> and educate each other on such things as music production, software use,
> micing technique, best drum kits, or anything in between?

There are newsgroups:
rec.audio.pro
- for the hard nosed professionals, high traffic, but at least some of
  them know what they are talking about. I learned a lot by reading and
  mostly keeping quiet.
alt.audio.4-track
- despite the name it covers a wide range of home and small
  project recording. More beginner friendly but more prone to
  misinformation.

I think there are mailing lists too - and there is a web based thing with
"message boards" at http://www.homerecording.com - and I'm sure there are
others.

--
Anahata