[linux-audio-user] Mailing list for general music making questions?

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Tue Feb 18 12:21:01 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:09:18AM +0000, Anahata wrote:
> There are newsgroups:
> rec.audio.pro
> - for the hard nosed professionals, high traffic, but at least some of
>   them know what they are talking about. I learned a lot by reading and
>   mostly keeping quiet.

Let me reiterate this point ::-).  r.a.p is an awesome resource for
audio information.  The readers here are 100% obsessesed with great audio.
*Always* google before posting.

As a newbie, don't ever ask a question there unless you've researched it
for a few days first.  I don't mean like passive research either - these
guys are good at audio, and seriously good at bitchslapping people who
don't use google ::-)

I suppose another warning is appropriate: the bias is toward high end
gear, tubes, dedicated signal processors, and expensive mics.

> alt.audio.4-track

More specific groups can be helpful - lots of interesting recording info
on drums is exchanged on rec.music.makers.percussion (watch it - this
place is more troll infested than anywhere else on earth).

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.