[OT] Re: [linux-audio-user] Pop filter?

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 19 06:27:00 EST 2003

On/le 18 Feb 2003 16:51:54 -0600
"Jan \"Evil Twin\" Depner" <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote / a écrit
quelque chose comme:

> I've spent the last 25 years traveling all over the world.  Many
> third world countries (ever been to Djibouti?).  Trust me, they're
> way better off than they were.  And that one dollar a day... it
> makes them feel much better than no dollars a day.  Trickle down
> doesn't happen in a year.  It happens over decades.  Japan _was_
> dirt poor in the 50's. They're sure not now.

Yes I 've been to Djibouti.
Have you seen Madagascar, or "Cote d'Ivoire" (Ivory Coast in english?) . The way money came in didn't make people happier nor the land better (see corruptions, pollutions, largest ever ethnic wars).
It's not all black and white (without pun), but it's certainly not all good and I appreciate people standing for a better humanity.

Cheers all.
Guy CLO
#ICQ 37736372
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html