[OT] Re: [linux-audio-user] Pop filter?

eviltwin69 at cableone.net eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Feb 19 07:30:01 EST 2003

Gabon.  You've made my point for me.  It's not black and white.  Saying "I'm not buying anything made in China because they're bad people" is way too simplistic.  If that's the way you want to look at it then no one should ever buy anything made in China.  Who then suffers the most?  The people in charge or the people who used to make $1 a day?  I appreciate people standing for a better humanity as well but that's not the way to go about it.  It strikes me as self-serving and fatuous - "I quit buying Chinese products, I feel so much better about myself now".

Jan

Yes I 've been to Djibouti.
Have you seen Madagascar, or "Cote d'Ivoire" (Ivory Coast in english?) . The way money came in didn't make people happier nor the land better (see corruptions, pollutions, largest ever ethnic wars).
It's not all black and white (without pun), but it's certainly not all good and I appreciate people standing for a better humanity.

Cheers all.
Guy CLO
#ICQ 37736372
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html