[OT] Re: [linux-audio-user] Pop filter?

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Feb 19 07:56:01 EST 2003

eviltwin69 at cableone.net wrote:
> Saying "I'm not buying anything made in China because they're bad
> people" is way too simplistic.

Yup, that'd be a pretty bizarre thing to say, and something nobody
has suggested.

What has been mooted is that someone might choose not to buy things
made for non-Chinese companies in sweatshops in Chinese special
administrative regions, because they believe that that arrangement
has no actual benefit for anyone except the guys back in Dusseldorf
working to Maximise Shareholder Value and Do Their Fiduciary Duty.

Still, who knows.  But I think you can believe something is wrong
and should not be supported without necessarily having any idea how
to set about building something better.

On-topic for linux-audio-ideologues, perhaps, but I guess we should
probably drop this here.  Rather, I should have dropped it already.
Sorry.

Chris