[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 44 / ALSA question

John Bleichert syborg at stny.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 13:30:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Joe Hartley wrote:
> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 44 / ALSA question
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:13:41 -0500 (EST)
> John Bleichert <syborg at stny.rr.com> wrote:
> > Then, in recording software (e.g. Ardour) how does one get at the
> > independent inputs? Does Ardour just automagically know there are 4 inputs
> > there via the driver?
>
> Yes - capture ports 1-4 map to HW inputs 1-4, and playback ports 1-4 map
> to HW outputs 1-4.

And I assume one can also map some output to another sound card, e.g. an
SBLive attached to PC speakers? It's looking more and more like I'm going
to need to learn how to use Ardour...

> > I've been using Audacity for quite some time, I'm
> > sure how/if I'll be able to record more than one input at a time with it.
>
> I have the Delta 1010 and haven't figured out how to record off of
> any other inputs than 1 & 2.

Can you use both at the same time? The preferences only seem to provide an
option for one input and one output device.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg