[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 44 / ALSA question

Joe Hartley joe.hartley at ingenta.com
Mon Feb 24 15:10:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:07:26 -0500 (EST)
John Bleichert <syborg at stny.rr.com> wrote:
> And I assume one can also map some output to another sound card, e.g. an
> SBLive attached to PC speakers? It's looking more and more like I'm going
> to need to learn how to use Ardour...

I only have the one Delta 1010 card so I can't say, but I have heard
that it's possible to use multiple soundcards in a system.

> > > I've been using Audacity for quite some time, I'm
> > > sure how/if I'll be able to record more than one input at a time with it.
> >
> > I have the Delta 1010 and haven't figured out how to record off of
> > any other inputs than 1 & 2.
>
> Can you use both at the same time? The preferences only seem to provide an
> option for one input and one output device.

Inputs 1 & 2 correspond to a stereo L/R pair.  Yes, I can use both at
the same time.  I haven't been able to get Audacity to use any of the other
inputs, but I haven't tried very hard.  Once I realized that it defaulted
to the first pair, I hung my MiniDisk player off of inputs 1&2 and haven't
tried anything else.

(I record a lot of live performance on MD and dump it to computer with
Audacity, then import those files into Ardour if I want to overdub.
It's the only thing I use Audacity for, recording-wise.)

             Joe Hartley - Senior Unix Admin - Ingenta inc.
      111R Chestnut St., Providence, RI  02903 - cell 401.338.9214
              Joe.Hartley at ingenta.com - AOL IM: JoeHartley