[linux-audio-user] Need help - hardware recommendations

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Feb 25 13:14:00 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 11:49:12PM +0700, Darren Landrum wrote:
> I would like to reiterate how much I like the sound you got form the
> drums. It sounds so natural, and quite perfect for the type of music
> you're doing.

Indeed, looks like Jan has discovered the "less-is-more" school
of drum miking, which IMHO is often the way to go - don't put 10 mics
on a drum kit unless you REALLY know what to do with 'em!

BTW, which cheap Marshall mics were those? is that the 600 or
the 603 or what?  I need some more mics and I've had my eye
on those guys ...

> > Digitech RP-100 for the guitar.

that was my only real complaint with the track I downloaded -
not a "natural" electric guitar sound at all.
Now I know why. :)  Of course this is a matter of taste - I just
don't like "direct" guitar sound for most kinds of music.

Good bass sound -  I don't usually like direct bass either,
but it's not obtrusive here, and it sits nicely in the mix.

Overall the mix is nicely balanced and pleasing.
Good job!

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com