[linux-audio-user] Need help - hardware recommendations

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Feb 25 20:41:01 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 05:14:52PM -0600, Jan Evil Twin Depner wrote:
> Joe,
>
> 	Do you have one of the Behringer T1953 mic pre-amps?  I remember
> someone saying they had one but I can't find the email.  If so, how do
> you like it?  I'm thinking about getting one although the Blue Tube is
> cheaper and has won some awards.

personally i wouldn't bother with a preamp upgrade until you
can afford something more serious... the blue tubes i've heard
were IMHO nothing special and not worth the (cheap) price tag.

if you're looking for a "warm tube" sound, the peavey VMP
seems to be the cheapest thing that the rec.audio.pro crowd
likes.  2 channels for about $650 *used* - don't know the new price.

for clean sound, the 2-channel FMR RNP is $450-ish
and apparently is really amazing. i want one.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com