[linux-audio-user] OMRL - New Mailing List

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Fri Jan 3 20:58:01 EST 2003

Darren Landrum wrote:

> Just to let everyone know, I have created a new mailing list for the
> OMRL at my studioconsul.net domain.

<rant>

One of the most irritating things to me about electronic communication
lately, is the tendency use acronyms without first spelling the term out
in full.

How the heck is someone reading your message supposed to know what you
mean by OMRL?

This is nothing personal - it seems to have become quite common over the
last few years.

It seems to me it would be resonable to expect that if someone were to
use an acronym that either has a limited audience, or has only been in
common use in the last year or so, and/or has multiply recognized
parsings, that you actually type out the words rather than just hitting
a few letters.

Sorry for you being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and go ahead
and flame me if you think I'm wrong.

SHYN

Larry

</rant>