[linux-audio-user] quick ardour question

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 12 12:06:01 EST 2003

Hi,

Add two busses
Route the output of tracks, alsa_pcm:playback-N, to
ardour:busses_1,2. Route the output of the busses to
alsa_pcm:playback_1,2 (look in the Routing, Parameters
window and you'll see the Ardour ports).

This is a setup with which you can build stereo
fields. Hardpan ardour:busses_1,2 hard left and hard
right. Any tracks which are routed into
ardour:busses_1,2 can be be panned.

This should be useful for building submixes where
there's a limit on the total number of playback ports.
Extend the above by creating a master buss and several
sub-mix busses, e.g. drums, vox, keyboard, etc. Each
of the submix busses routes to the master buss.

I started a step-by-step ardour template howto section
for Routing From A to D to describe this but ran into
a bug and decided to drop the issue. I don't recall
what the bug was.

Ron

--- "Jan \"Evil Twin\" Depner"