[linux-audio-user] Re: seeking a software sampler for Linux

Florian Berger florib at arcor.de
Mon Jan 20 06:38:00 EST 2003

Hi there,

> From: Emiliano Grilli <emillo at libero.it>
>
>  * iiwusynth (http://www.hanappe.org/iiwusynth.html)
> a soundfont-enabled sampler that is already included in MusE
>
> * timidity (http://www.onicos.com/staff/iz/timidity/),
>   that can be started in ALSA server mode

Thank you! Looks like a good thing to start with.

> From: Vincent Touquet <vincent.touquet at pandora.be>
>
> This project is your biggest hope:
> http://linuxsampler.sourceforge.net/

Just subscribed to it´s list ;-).

It is indeed. After having used HALion for about half a year, I started
do dislike it a lot - and you can´t email the developers "Hey guys, how
about fixing this and doing that in a different way"... ;-)))

> Also, check this mailinglist's archives,
> this question has come up before ...

I did so before I wrote, but could not find a clear answer. But now I
have something to get going.

Thanks again,

     Florian Berger, Leipzig, Germany

--
o GnuPG Public Key: http://home.arcor.de/florib/florib_key.txt
  Key fingerprint= EE0B B442 7127 24D4 4404  10D8 94D1 4419 8E89 8AF6