[linux-audio-user] Digital connection from Alesis MasterLink to a Linux DAW

John Ouzts jouzts at mcgalumni.com
Tue Jan 21 17:22:01 EST 2003

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to connect the IEC 958 Type 1
balanced AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs of an Alesis MasterLink to a
Linux DAW with an RME soundcard (not yet purchased)?

Should I buy the HammerFall HDSP 9652 or one of the older cards for use with
Linux? Which extension cards or external interfaces should I be looking at?

I have a lot of Linux experience but very little digital audio experience.
Many thanks.

John Ouzts