[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Wed Jan 22 07:58:01 EST 2003

Yeah, graphics are nothing to frown upon, I have only to look to myself
for evidence...
I've never really looked at PD for instance, though I've heard it can do
wonders. I just looked at it recently again, it strikes me how butt ugly
it is. I can't help but think it would be more appealing if it was gorgeous.

I got my brother to do some graphics prototyping a few years back, which
was kind of fun (see http://spamatica.no-ip.org/knob_0001_8bit.png), I'd
like to pursue this stuff more myself... but as always, time is a
variable constant, and there is always less of it than you need...

The knob in question was rendered in several frames such that it could
turn a complete revolution, which unfortunately takes lots of memory :(
so I'm not so sure these types of graphics are really usable...

/Robert