[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Jan 22 08:12:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:50:40 +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote
> I've never really looked at PD for instance,
> though I've heard it can do wonders. I just looked at it recently
> again, it strikes me how butt ugly it is. I can't help but think it
> would be more appealing if it was gorgeous.

I think it's really a matter of taste, I'm personally not that fond of
interfaces that try to replicate hardware - I think it's a bit pointless.

PD is pure functionality, and has it's own aesthetic (an aquired taste maybe :))

But user interfaces are _very hard_ to get right - a lot of programmers don't
realise that I think.

There was an amazing looking modular for linux (I think) that I saw a
screenshot of ages ago, where the modules were made out of the maths operators
they represented - lots of neon colours. I can't find it now, does anyone know
what I'm talking about, or did I dream it?? :)

Dave