[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Jan 22 08:24:00 EST 2003

Dave Griffiths wrote:

> There was an amazing looking modular for linux (I think) that I saw a
> screenshot of ages ago, where the modules were made out of the maths operators
> they represented - lots of neon colours. I can't find it now, does anyone know
> what I'm talking about, or did I dream it?? :)

You may be thinking of John Dunn's mbox. Each module was filled with
cryptic extended ASCII graphics, winning the award for the most
inscrutable interface ever devised for a music app. It was a MIDI
toolkit, not a synth, so it may not be what you're thinking about, but
your description fits mbox too.

It was also a very powerful application. And yes, it runs under
DOSemu... ;)

Greetings:

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org

Currently listening to: Harold Budd & Brian Eno, "Late October"