[linux-audio-user] Is there interrest in a (near) perfect piano for tiMIDIty for composing music ?

Roel de Wit roel at utopiasd.com
Wed Jan 22 08:21:00 EST 2003

Hi,

Currently we are working on a cross-platform and multi format commercial
GM/GS soundset named Project Portability (code-name).. We're also going to
release an extremly realistic grand piano soundfont for Audigy (2)
soundcards.. Currently we are determining whether or not to make a special
tiMIDIty version. So I'd like to know if there interrest in the Linux
community for such a product ?

Details of the soon to be ready v0.2 beta version (Audigy (2) only under
Windows at the moment):
- Between 180 and 220 MB of 48 Khz 16 bit stereo samples sampled from a real
piano. These are samples of 5 velocity layers of the piano.
- 127 velocity layers.
- Perfectly natural piano behaviour and sound.

Some MP3 recordings of the v0.1 release can be found at
http://project-portability.foad.nl .. These are dry (no reverb) recordings
without any post-processing applied to them.. Any comments would be
appreciated.

---
Roel / Utopia Sound Division
http://www.utopiasd.com