[linux-audio-user] i'm a graphic designer - use me! ;-)

Mike Rawes mike_rawes at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 17:04:01 EST 2003

> > Maybe some sort of repository for nice widget graphics? I'm not sure
> > how we'd do this - anyone for an Open Graphics Library?
> >
> > I might try my hand at drawing some widgets and put them on the web
> > somewhere...
>
> that sounds great!
> yes.... i'd love to have a go at that sort of thing... i need a little
>
> primer in how widgets are made - perhaps just trawling through the
> various libs installed on my machine might help... but if there are
> specific dos and dont's it'd help lots to know about them....

I was thinking more on the lines of icons/pictures and such in .png
format, rather than widgets. You'd probaly need a set of animated frames
for things that move though.

As far as guidelines go - I've not done much GUI work - I'm guessing
just keep the images small? That said, big 'master' copies would eb
useful, if they can be scaled down well...

Mike