[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 23 09:19:00 EST 2003

Hi Dave,
Dave Griffiths schrieb:
> I think there is a difference between modular synths and modular programming
> environments, they are not necessarily the same thing. You certainly never had
> subpatches on analogue modulars :)

Ahum, yes, of course, I didn't think of this.

But this is a failure, that was forced by the hardware. As I wrote in my
first mail in this thread, I think it is inherently wrong to model software
after hardware. Imagine how a textprocessing software like Word would look,
if the developers would have tried to achieve the look and interface of a
typewriter?

Most commercial audio software sadly looks like typewriters.

ciao
--
Frank Barknecht