[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

iriXx m at irixx.org
Thu Jan 23 09:45:01 EST 2003

Dave Griffiths wrote:
>>I talked to Robert Henke of Ableton about the philosophy behind their
>>innovative interface, and one of the most interesting concepts was, that
>>everything *must* fit into one window. Overlapping or popup-windows are
>>strictly forbidden in Live, because in a live situation you cannot be
>>bothered with organising windows on the screen.

Live hides a lot of its functions by switching between screens... the
sample editor overlaps the plugin interface, and by clicking on a tab on
the bottom you can switch between the two...
the session editor and sequencer are seperate windows too (so far i
havent even had use for the sequencer!)...

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email