[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 23 09:34:48 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 02:02:31 +0000, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> Have a way of hiding the module's gui and shrinking it back into a little
> box.  I think you may have mentioned something like this on one of the ssm
> lists before but I think it's a really good idea.  You'd need to somehow push
> other modules out of the way when the gui was expanded and pull them back
> when it shrinks, but I think that's doable.

I dont think that would work, the layout of the modules is very important
to the deisgn of the patch.

In extrmeme cases I think a pupup window is OK, but only when it cant be
avoided. In general I'd say that anything so huge it cant be usefuly
controlled my a module sized window should be an external jack app or
whatever.

- Steve