[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] sooperlooper goes PD

Nathaniel Virgo nathaniel.virgo at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 24 12:38:00 EST 2003

On Friday 24 January 2003 6:08 am, Anthony wrote:
> * Nathaniel Virgo <nathaniel.virgo at ntlworld.com> [Jan 23 03 16:45]:
> > I think the Gtk+/gtkmm GnomeCanvas would be ideal for that.  It doesn't
> > require gnome at all, and can do 2d coordinate transforms, pixmaps and
> > antialiasing very easily.  It's what I'm using for my modular-style jack
> > patchbay thing.
>
> Great! How far along is this?
>
> --ant

Pretty much just in a planning stage at the moment.  I was getting quite far
creating a gui with bendy wires going over the top of modules, somewhere
between SpiralSynthModular and the Nord Modular screenshot that Steve posted,
but I'm now convinced that a routing-style gui, with wires that get
automatically routed at right-angles would be even more cool.  Trying to work
out how to make that happen is currently doing my head in.

I've got big plans for it if and when I do get it going, though: integrated
alsa midi patchbay, LADSPA plugins, LADCCA support... basically I'm trying to
make a meta-app that can be used to organise linux audio sessions.

-Nathaniel.