[linux-audio-user] apps to use live was Re: sooperlooper goes PD

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Jan 24 20:31:00 EST 2003

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 08:27:53AM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>>Steve Harris wrote:
>>
>>>I'm planning a gig at the moment, I'm using AMS, SpiralSynthModular,
>>>freqtweak, some software I haven't written yet and probably pd.
>>>
>>>I've never gigged a PC before, so I'm a bit nervous about it. I might try
>>>to borrow a UPS from somewhere.
>>>

>>I have found it's not neccessary.
>

> And i've seen punk rock bands play in a room where the power is so
> bad that the guitarist's digital effects gadgets keep shutting down
> due to insufficient voltage.
> In other words, it really depends on the "venue". :)

Sometimes I forget I'm in Korea where everything is super powered
nuclear generated.

For some bizarre reason I don't think Steve is playing in the venue you
witnessed -_-

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman