[linux-audio-user] apps to use live was Re: sooperlooper goes PD

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Jan 24 20:36:00 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 05:08:21PM -0800, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 08:27:53AM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > Steve Harris wrote:
> > >I've never gigged a PC before, so I'm a bit nervous about it. I might try
> > >to borrow a UPS from somewhere.
> > >

> > I have found it's not neccessary.
>
> And i've seen punk rock bands play in a room where the power is so
> bad that the guitarist's digital effects gadgets keep shutting down
> due to insufficient voltage.
> In other words, it really depends on the "venue". :)

Forgot to mention - I have also *performed* in a venue
where the power (ALL of it) cut out twice during our show.
I guess they were pushing the circuit breakers a bit hard.
Would have really sucked if I'd had to reboot.
Fortunately I was playing bass. :)
Audience was maybe 200, pretty big gig by my standards.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com