[linux-audio-user] Control|24

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Fri Jan 24 23:38:01 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 04:24, Linux Rob wrote:
> Hey!
> I have a load of questions and I hope it's
> not too much trouble to get them answered.
>
> Does Ardour or any Linux program support
> Digidesigns Control|24?
> If not, how would it get support?
>
> What control surfaces are supported?
> I know a mackie controller is supported...
>
> Also, can Ardour recieve 96Khz from the HDSP 9652?
> What's the status with the HDSP 9652 driver?
> Where can I check the status of the HDSP 9652 driver?
>
> thanks...
> rob

Rob,
   Hi. I'm using an HDSP 9652. I can run it with <2mS latency at 44.1K
and 48K, but I cannot even start Jack at 88.2K or 96K, so I suspect it
is disabled right now. I think the Alsa page for the HDSP line may
something about this.

   Frankly, I don't think I can remember anyone saying they had to have
this feature right now, so I suspect the priority has been a bit low on
96KHz operation, but I'm sure there are lot of folks that would like to
try it, if you include the DigiFace and MultiFace crowds.

   Can't help with the control surface part.

Cheers,
Mark