[linux-audio-user] Control|24

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Fri Jan 24 23:53:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 20:30, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 04:24, Linux Rob wrote:
> > Hey!
> > I have a load of questions and I hope it's
> > not too much trouble to get them answered.
> >
> > Does Ardour or any Linux program support
> > Digidesigns Control|24?
> > If not, how would it get support?
> >
> > What control surfaces are supported?
> > I know a mackie controller is supported...
> >
> > Also, can Ardour recieve 96Khz from the HDSP 9652?
> > What's the status with the HDSP 9652 driver?
> > Where can I check the status of the HDSP 9652 driver?
> >
> > thanks...
> > rob
> >

> Rob,
>    Hi. I'm using an HDSP 9652. I can run it with <2mS latency at 44.1K
> and 48K, but I cannot even start Jack at 88.2K or 96K, so I suspect it
> is disabled right now. I think the Alsa page for the HDSP line may
> something about this.
>
>    Frankly, I don't think I can remember anyone saying they had to have
> this feature right now, so I suspect the priority has been a bit low on
> 96KHz operation, but I'm sure there are lot of folks that would like to
> try it, if you include the DigiFace and MultiFace crowds.
>
>    Can't help with the control surface part.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Sorry,
   I could have given more info:

1) The HDSP 9652 is moderately supported at this point
a) Audio works on the 3 ADAT interfaces
b) I have not tested s/pdif

2) The hardware mixer in the HDSP is completely disabled at this point.
I am hoping to see that supported in the next few weeks.

3) MIDI only works on Port 2 right now. There is a patch to fix that (I
think) but it isn't applied yet, to the best of my knowledge.

4) The worst screw up with the card is on RME's part. The stupid cable
they used to connect the MIDI connectors FALLS OUT OF THE DARN CARD!!
Plan on some tape or epoxy... Bummer.

5) I do not think anyone has tested the higher end features like Word
Clock or changing where the sync comes from much yet. They do appear to
be accessible using amixer, but I do not know if they work.

   I think the card is going to be pretty good overall. My guess is
probably in 30-60 days.

Cheers,
Mark