[linux-audio-user] png graphics library for sound apps

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 28 03:48:00 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 19:59, iriXx wrote:

> it sounds very interesting indeed... unfortunately its well beyond my
> skills as im a graphic designer but not a programmer... i dont know
> anything except the very bare basics of xml....

 Same here... I'm messing at a bunch of languages though... I can do
basic scripting stuff and design interfaces in an ide. I could put
together an interface but the engine would probably suck.

 I think you'd probably need the backing of someone like GNU or IBM or
someone to get taken seriously enough to pull it off though...

 I was just thinking that one might design things towards those ends.

 Personally, I like the idea of display postscript interfaces... you can
always extend that into 3d space.

> i'd love to try working with something designed along these principles
> though...

 They {Octal} just updated their page today...

http://cnmat.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OSC/

...has several projects that are looking for designers.

There is a link from the Oberon page to this...

http://www.bluebottle.ethz.ch/oberon.net/

And... from there to here...

http://www.go-mono.com/

 Which looks as though it may be a solution for those of us that aren't
"programmers". I get a feeling that's going to become an integral part
of design/art/writing/life in the near future though...