[linux-audio-user] png graphics library for sound apps

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Jan 28 05:45:00 EST 2003

> i'd be keen to have a go at this, and put some pixmaps up on the web
> when they're ready -
> what i'll need is a list of what pixmaps would be most practical to
> start with - obviously sliders, backgrounds and knobs (i'm not gonna
> bring up the whole knob debate again though)... any other ideas come
> to mind immediately? please feel free to refer me to your own apps
> as well, so i can gather some more ideas....

I'd like to make/pinch some better pixmaps for the icons in ssm, but I'm sure
they would be usable by other apps too - just pictorial descriptions of stuff
like effects/oscillators/amplifiers (not an easy task really), also icons for
LAD projects like LADSPA and JACK.

I tend to scribble the first thing that comes into my head when doing the
icons (see previously posted screenshot), which sometimes works, but sometimes
doesn't at all :]

Any nice examples of this sort of thing out there already?

dave