[linux-audio-user] i'm a graphic designer - use me! ;-)

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Jan 28 11:24:01 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:25:01PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 04:18:12 +0100, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 01:10:18PM +0900, Jon Ellis wrote:
> > > Even knobs would be alright if they had keyboard bindings. Once you've
> > > clicked on a knob you could adjust up and down, finely with cursor
> > > keys, and coarsely with PgUp/PgDn.
> > >
> > > Would that be so hard?
> >
> > No ... this would not be so hard...
> > this is a very good idea and will look
> > how i can implement this behaviour into gAlan
> >
> > i am in desperate need of user feedback like this...
> > how would you configure the keybindings of a knob ?
> > from the right-click menu of the knob ?
>
> That seems sensible, its what the Nord Modular does :) you can right click
> to bind MIDI CC's so if it was relevant you could bind keyboard shortcuts
> from there too.

ok.. it would be cool if the midi CC thing would also be possible...
but this does not fit into the way midi is handled at the Moment :(
i think i will have to find a way for both methods to coexists...
but i doubt this would be beautyful :(

well maybe this can be solved with dynamic linking...

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language