[linux-audio-user] Introduction and Question

Jlawrence at tacenergy.com Jlawrence at tacenergy.com
Tue Jan 28 14:39:00 EST 2003

Hello List:

My name is Josh, and I am a musician and linux user in Texas.  After buying
Linux Music and Sound about 6 months ago, I am starting to get into using my
linux box for music applications.  I've found most of the major resources on
the web for this sort of thing, but I find that I'm running into new ones
every day.  Is there a FAQ for this list that answers many "newbie"
questions that I could ask?

My second question:  I am wanting a MIDI utility that will help me deal with
changing patches on my synths (am I allowed to brag?  Yamaha S80 and EX5...)
without having to manually do it.  Is there such a utility, or should I
stick with sequencers?  A sequencer seems a little full-featured for what I
am wanting to do, that is, simply send bank and program change messages to
my various synths.

Thanks list!

Josh Lawrence