[linux-audio-user] Anybody know the use of these?

Luke Yelavich lukethemuso at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jan 28 19:37:00 EST 2003

Hi all.
Just got Slackware 8.1 up and running with kernel 2.4.20 and ALSA 0.9rc6. I
have a TerraTec DMX 6Fire 24/96 card. The chipset it uses is an Envy24.

I am wondering what all the different mixer options are for. These are
taken from alsamixer:
* IEC958
* IEC958 1
* ADC -- I think this is a line input.
* ADC 1-5 -- I also think these are inputs.
* Analog Input select
* Breakbox LED
* DAC -- These are the outputs. I know these, I have 6 of them.
* Deemphasis -- I have 3 of these.
* Front digital input
* H/W -- I have 6 of these.
* IPGA Analog -- I have 6 of these.
* Multi -- I have 10 of these.
* Multi Capture -- I have 10 of these.
*Multi Track Internal Clock -- I think this has something to do with recording.
* Multi Track Peak -- I have 4 of these.
* Multi Track Rate Locking
* Multi Track Rate Reset
* Multi Track Volume Rate
* Optical Digital Input -- Digital connectors on the front panel I presume.
* Phone Analog Input -- Self explanetory.

Any help as to what these all are would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Luke.