[linux-audio-user] preferred motherboards ?

Josh Haberman joshua at haberman.com
Tue Jan 28 17:18:01 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 13:42, Steve Harris wrote:
> OTOH Seagate Barraccuda IVs are highly recommended, quiet and fast. I've
> not had any reliability prblems yet...

I'm getting a replacement Barracuda IV 60GB for one that died on me a
couple weeks ago.  I think it was just a fluke: it didn't go out
gradually the way a dying hard drive would.  I had been doing some OS
installation and I had the case open with stuff hanging out.  It died
abruptly overnight.

I heartily echo Steve's sentiments about them being quiet and fast,
though they are a bit warm.

Josh