[linux-audio-user] MDK audio distro survey

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Jan 29 06:19:00 EST 2003

iriXx wrote:

> [...] wont yet configure my usb-audio soundcard...
> [...] maybe Mdk could take a leaf out of SuSE's book
> with having multimedia easily configured at install....

SuSE does a reasonably good job but I haven't found it very
successful with USB devices either.  (I have a USB MIDI hub but
not USB audio.)  An installer that did a really good job of
configuring USB audio and MIDI devices would be a real selling
point, I think.  It's probably the only thing that would stand
much chance of persuading me away from my current distribution.

Chris