[linux-audio-user] preferred motherboards ?

al goldstein gold at dsl21.zipcon.net
Wed Jan 29 16:54:00 EST 2003

Hi Chris

I'm curious how much work you get out of your second processor. This
freebsdbox I'm on has the dual Abit Celeron. I've found to put the
second processor to work generally requires more effort than to leave it alone.
The first cpu can be 95% employed and the second will be at 0% unless you
start another intensive task while the first is still running. This was true
for me on Linux 2.2 kernels also. I've moved to single processor Athlon.

Cheers.......Al