[linux-audio-user] MDK audio distro survey

Austin Acton aacton at YorkU.CA
Wed Jan 29 17:08:00 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 16:20, al goldstein wrote:
> I tried Mandrake 8.2 --Very easy and quick install. But I spent s few days
> downloading missing libraries and gave up on it. However with all that
> audio software loaded on 9.1 finding libraries would be a fair exchange.
> I had planned on trying redhat Phoebe which I have downloaded, but maybe
> I'll try Mandrake as well. Where can I get it?

There are many mirrors listed on www.mandrake.com.
If you have a fast net connection, I'd suggest doing a network install.
Just download the floppy image, boot it, and type in a mirror address.
This way you only have to download the packages you want, not all of
them.
If you have a slow connection, better to get the ISOs.

Current version is 9.0, but there is a beta2 version of 9.1 available as
well.  The main improvements in 9.1 are fonts and control centre, aside
from the usual security fixes and updated packages.

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant