[linux-audio-user] linux and "enhanced" CDs

iriXx m at irixx.org
Thu Jan 30 07:52:01 EST 2003

Anahata wrote:

>>Of course, the finer print inside says that by "computer" they mean a PC
>>or a Mac.  My linux box won't recognize the executable to play the durn
>>thing:
>

> That's inexcusable. It's perfectly possible to put information on a CD in
> the form of a web site and the music in the form of MP3 files (or ogg,
> preferably both so everybody's happy) and let the system decide how to play
> tham.

well sadly Peter Gabriel has gone the way of being one of the big
supporters of DRM and 'corrupt' CDs... discs with copy-prevention
technology... 'Up' was promoted with the release of windoze media player
  9 which is their latest effort in spyware-enabled locked down audio
:-(....

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email