[linux-audio-user] Planet CCRMA

Jlawrence at tacenergy.com Jlawrence at tacenergy.com
Fri Jan 31 18:04:01 EST 2003

I've just downloaded the planet ccrma materials and I will be installing
them over the weekend.  I'm curious about the applications contained in the
package:

1.  Is there a way to just install everything in one swoop, or do I have to
rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm every time on all packages?
2.  What about packages (movie and sound players come to mind) that already
exist in some form in a standard RH 8.0 install?  Will installing over them
confuse the situation?
3.  I'm doing this on a Dell Laptop.  Am I doomed to failure?

Thanks,

Josh Lawrence