[linux-audio-user] Planet CCRMA

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Fri Jan 31 18:49:00 EST 2003

Josh,
   Once you get used to the Planet flow it's very straight forward. I do not
use the CDROM, but update from their site online. Do the same if you have a
fast connection. It works for Redhat 7.2, 7.3 (my distro) and 8.0. The
kernel is 2.4.19 with patches.

   Once you follow the instructions and get to where you are running their
kernel, all you do is:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

this will bring your machine up to date for all RPMs you have installed.

Using Synaptic you can look at all of Fernando's database of apps. The music
apps are listed at:

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/packages.html

to install pretty much any app by hand is

apt-get install package_name

or you can do it with Synaptic itself.

   I hope you enjoy the Planet. It has been a wonderful resource for me.

Cheers,
Mark