[linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 17:15:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 06:15:23PM +0100, Daniel James wrote:
> If you're talking about musicians getting paid properly - a decent,
> sustainable income that's proportional to their effort and talent -
> then I couldn't agree more. However, the music business doesn't have
> a great history on that front...

I wrote a rambling reply about very cheap (and Free) tools alowing the
bedroom studio to be a useful thing, lessening the grip of big labels on
musicians then realised it was obvious / noone cares ;) dG

Horay for cheap audio hardware

Some of my favourite musicians can afford to burn CDs and give away mp3's
at cost, they dont want to make any money, just noise.

I dont resent anyones desire to make a living form music, but lots of
people can now produce music wihtou it bankrupting them or having to sell
thier souls to conglomerate record labels.

- Steve