[linux-audio-user] Driver for M-audio Audiophile USB device

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jul 3 10:45:59 EDT 2003

Hallo,

Jelmer Cnossen hat gesagt: // Jelmer Cnossen wrote:

> Hi, is there anybody who knows about the existence of a Linux driver for
> the Audiophile USB device by M-Audio?

You should search the alsa-(user|devel) mailing list archives for this
card (box?). If I remember it correctly, the USB Audiophile needs a
specific firmware loader that shouldn't be too hard to write but
hasn't been written yet. So I really would be careful with buying this
card at the moment. There are alternatives. For example the Edirol
UA-20 is very similar in price and functionality. There were some
problems with that some months ago, but I guess it should work now.

If you need that card for a laptop, then just configure a generic
snd-usb-audio card and take the laptop to your shop to try it out.

ciao