[linux-audio-user] [OT] Live music.

Brian Redfern bredfern at calarts.edu
Mon Jul 14 10:10:01 EDT 2003

I need to save some $$ so I can visit Korea to do some gigs, its not that
gigs are impossible to come by, I had break dancers doing head spins to
linux at the Knitting Factory in Los Angeles. But I tried to do a weekly
Monday night club, and it didn't work out, only 5 people showed up the
first night and I got shut down. However I've been performing live for
linux users groups, I did a really good live performance at the Linux
User's Group of Los Angeles and hope to play at the SCALE event this
year. I also played a great linux - only show at the Salvation Theater in
Silverlake. In Los Angeles there are just so many bands, and so many major
record label groups that the competition for the dwindling number of
available clubs is really brutal. I'm probably going to have to travel to
orange county to get weekend gigs.