[linux-audio-user] region coding sucks, but Linux rocks !

Mel Steinberg saxofon at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 15 14:33:01 EDT 2003

I was able to change my Fisher DVD player to accept DVDs from all
regions by a combination of commands from the remote control.  I don't
have any DVDs, other  than Region 1 to test it with , though.   There
are websites that have this info for the various DVD machines.
As far as the VHS goes, it's a PAL tape, and it needs to be converted to
NTSC to be seen on a domestic (North America) VHS deck, or it can be
viewed on a multi-system deck.  Quite a few of the PAL decks in Europe
can play NTSC, but it doesn't work the other way around.

Good Luck!

/mel