[linux-audio-user] low latency kernel

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Wed Jul 23 11:57:00 EDT 2003

On 2003.07.23 10:54, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> I don't know about RedHat, but I don't think Mandrake 9.1 installs a
> patched kernel by default. Nevertheless, you have easy access to one
> of them given that contrib sources are setup for urpmi:
>
> # urpmi kernel-multimedia
>
> Check out this glorious article, "The Mandrake Audio Workstation
> HowTo".
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT8018846552.html

Hehe, thanks for the citation.  :-)
Danny is currently working on the multimedia kernel for Mandrake 9.2
beta, which will be based on 2.4.21 and include some extra scheduling
patches in addition to low-lat and pre-empt.  I have been testing it
lately and it shows marked improvement in latency with jackit over the
current multimedia kernel.

Austin