[linux-audio-user] Quattro Situation

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Wed Jul 30 17:29:01 EDT 2003

On 2003.07.30 16:34, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Is there actually a device /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p on your /dev-"partition"?
> /dev/snd used to be a link to /proc/asound/dev but that directory
> isn't in ALSA anymore, so /dev/snd has to be a "real" device
> directory, created for example with the snddevices script. (I cannot
> speak for devfs, I'm not using it)

Yeah you're right... only the midi interface is registering.  I'm using
devfsd, but it's easy to tell what's happening.

--unplug Quattro--
[root at gamma373-165 usb]# ls /dev/snd
controlC0  controlC2  controlC4  controlC6  seq
controlC1  controlC3  controlC5  controlC7  timer

--plug in Quattro--
[root at gamma373-165 usb]# ls /dev/snd
controlC0  controlC2  controlC4  controlC6  midiC0D0  timer
controlC1  controlC3  controlC5  controlC7  seq

Maybe a problem with /etc/modules.conf?
# --- ALSA configuration
alias snd-card-0 snd-usb-audio
# --- OSS compatibility
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
# --- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
# --- ALSA configuration END

/var/log/daemons/errors shows modprobe complaining about to snd-card-1 through
snd-card-9, but all else works fine.

Maybe a question for the alsa-devel list?

Thanks for your help,
Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant