[linux-audio-user] Quattro Situation

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 30 18:04:00 EDT 2003

Hallo,
Austin hat gesagt: // Austin wrote:

> Yeah you're right... only the midi interface is registering.  I'm using
> devfsd, but it's easy to tell what's happening.
>
> --unplug Quattro--
> [root at gamma373-165 usb]# ls /dev/snd
> controlC0  controlC2  controlC4  controlC6  seq
> controlC1  controlC3  controlC5  controlC7  timer
>
> --plug in Quattro--
> [root at gamma373-165 usb]# ls /dev/snd
> controlC0  controlC2  controlC4  controlC6  midiC0D0  timer
> controlC1  controlC3  controlC5  controlC7  seq
>
> Maybe a problem with /etc/modules.conf?

I don't think the modules conf. has anything to do with it. I just
found this on alsa-project.org:

  2003-05-19  	*** 0.9.3b driver maintaince release *** ISA PnP and
  other fixes. We removed /proc/asound/dev directory. The 'make
  install' should create new device files, but in case of problems,
  the snddevices script should be executed.

Might help.

ciao