[linux-audio-user] scripting midi capture

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Mon Jun 2 22:01:01 EDT 2003

Wanted: something that will read /dev/sequencer (OSS or ALSA) and write
a MIDI file.

I like point functionality ... where what you need is done by some small
tool, and you don't have to load something huge.

While Rosegarden4 is working for me now, capturing a sequence to a MIDI
file is quite complex in terms of mouse and keyboard operations.

I yearn for something so simple I can enclose it in a shell script, or
hit up arrow and enter to restart it ...

If it generated a tick through PC speaker, sound card, or MIDI, even
better.  ;-)