[linux-audio-user] command-line recording software?

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at wakkanet.fi
Wed Jun 4 17:41:02 EDT 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Tim wrote:

> 1.  Distortion results when recording from some sources but not others.
[...]
> command line of rec doesn't alter this distortion.  I've attached the
> ecasound -ev output.

The input signal seems to be severely clipped. Try running 'ecasignalview'
(comes with the ecasound package) and adjust the recording level (either
from source and/or with 'alsamixer' or other mixer sw) until the
'clipped-samples' counter stops increasing.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!