[linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Wed Jun 11 08:44:01 EDT 2003

> I've never listened to a pair of JR-149's. They sound
> interesting

I don't think you can beat them at the price we paid - £8 the pair,
which is about US$12 I think. Like the LS3/5a, they are not full
range monitors, so you probably need the optional subwoofer if you
are going to use them other than for close-up monitoring.

I believe the original LS3/5a was designed to be small enough to fit
in BBC outside broadcast vans, with the aim of replicating the low
frequency roll-off that typical consumer equipment of the time had.
Today, audiophiles often use them with a tall, matching subwoofer
under each speaker.

Cheers

Daniel